Another week, another bunch of instagram photos! If you have instagram be sure to follow me @movingonupaway and say hey so I can follow you back and see more about your life too.
1. Red is not normally a colour I’d ever go for but our new apartment is white and cream with gorgeous red accents everywhere and it has made me fall in love with this colour. To add a bit more red in the kitchen I got this tea/coffee/sugar tin set from Next Home- usually Next is a bit of a rip off but their home stuff isn’t too bad and these were just €15 for the 3 of them.
We usually go for Lion Brand tea as we’re not too fussy and it’s tasty and cheap but I was super surprised to see these fruity numbers in my letterbox. They seem to be sending them out to everyone on the island and I love them! I had no idea Lion Brand do anything but normal tea and I’ll definitely be picking up some different varieties. So far I’m loving the Peach Green Tea.
2. Ugh French Affaire, how angry you make me! This place, in Tigne Point, has been open a while now and I wasn’t impressed the first time we went. We only had a coffee and I asked for a hazelnut shot in mine, which cost a whopping €1 extra (its 20c in McCafe) and I couldn’t taste it at all. But I heard it had improved a little so we popped by recently for lunch. Crap. Again, €1 for the flavour shot, but not a drop of flavour. Joe went for this poached egg on French toast and the egg was very clearly fried. Huge disappointment. This place has so much potential, it has a great location, lovely name and adorable decor with plush seating and bowler hat lights, the food and coffee are just complete crap!
3. I guess the Sliema Wanderers must have had a football match the other day- a main road through Sliema was closed simply so two double decker busses filled with people in blue T-shirts could stop and honk their horns. Anyone know how they did?
4. My new colleague, Elin, and I had to work this public holiday (boo!) but we made it a little more bearable by doing lunch in the sun- we sat on the sofas at the Fortina hotel cafe ‘Terrace’ which over looks the harbour and has a lovely view of Valletta. I went for this Summer Salad with strawberries, brie, ham and maple syrup, was a delight.
5. I love me a pretty cloud, you guys all know that by now and on one walk to work this week they were particularly pleasing to look at. I saw a LOT of cloud pics on instagram on that day, from Malta, so it looks like everyone was loving them. If you took a picture of the sky this week, wherever you are, make sure to @ me in a comment so I can come and see it :)
6 & 7. I have naturally curly hair and for so many years it was the bane of my life. As I’ve got older I’ve grown to love it but I still find myself straightening it pretty much every day. I like the curls they’re just so unpredictable- you can do the same thing to them EVERY SINGLE DAY and get a completely different result each time. Some days good, some days a frizzy, static, embarrassing mess. I also think that curls are a little ‘crazy’ and not really very smart and sleek, so I straighten them into submission but as the weather warms up it’s just too hot to spend an hour a day blow drying them straight then using 400+oC on them, so I’m embracing the mess a little more.
It’s been a lot of fun experimenting with different styles, I mainly like to wear them pulled forward over one shoulder, more to keep them in check than anything else, and this side braid happened by accident when I was trying to keep my fringe off my face. I ended up freaking LOVING it. I feel like Rapunzel! I’ve been growing my hair for so long now and it’s finally getting some length to it. Most women have a target weight, I have a target hair length. I’m so close, just a few more inches (that’s what she said).